EL2 pushpull schematic
Gerhard
2004-01-26 01:34:33 UTC
Hi Guy's,
this is my first post so please be kind. I'm searching for a schematic for
two EL2 in pushpull connection. I've got a bunch of Mullard's EL32 and all i
find about that this tube wasn't very common. I figured out, that they have
exactly the same data's as the EL2. Now my questions. 1. Are they
interchangeable ? 2. Got anyone experience with these tubes ? 3. Got anyone
a schematic, i requested ?
I'm only dealing with guitar amplification. I made a few class a project's
and all work fine.

Thank's in advance. Any help will be appreciated.

Gerhard
Henry007
2004-01-26 05:50:57 UTC
Post by Gerhard
Hi Guy's,
this is my first post so please be kind. I'm searching for a schematic for
two EL2 in pushpull connection. I've got a bunch of Mullard's EL32 and all i
find about that this tube wasn't very common. I figured out, that they have
exactly the same data's as the EL2. Now my questions. 1. Are they
interchangeable ? 2. Got anyone experience with these tubes ? 3. Got anyone
a schematic, i requested ?
I'm only dealing with guitar amplification. I made a few class a project's
and all work fine.
Thank's in advance. Any help will be appreciated.
Gerhard
Well according to the oracle (google) in PP you can get 7 watts out of a
pair... So kind of like a 6K6 or so I guess... Enough powre to be useful but
not annoy the neighbours too much. If you have lots of them, you could even
go parallel push pull with 4 of them.

You could probably just use any 6V6 or EL84 PP cathode biased schematic and
up the cathode resistors so that you don't run the tubes too hot.
(Vanode-Vcathode) x Icathode = dissipation.

Try looking at http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aaa0314.htm and clicking on some
of the links there. BTW I seriously doubt that this is the same as a VT52,
that is a power triode not a pentode.

Regardless, it would certainly make for a unique guitar amp!
Chenchen Ku
2004-01-26 07:21:11 UTC
I've tried EL32, it uses about the same bias as 6V6, however, even
Mullard branded it sounds pretty bright to me, but of course
YMMV, so give it a try.

Chenchen
Gerhard
Ronald
2004-01-26 07:40:18 UTC
Hi Gerhard ,

I think looking at the datasheet will help you :
http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/005/e/EL2.pdf

Ronald .
Gerhard
JKoning
2004-01-26 21:29:23 UTC
Post by Gerhard
Hi Guy's,
this is my first post so please be kind. I'm searching for a schematic for
two EL2 in pushpull connection. I've got a bunch of Mullard's EL32 and all i
find about that this tube wasn't very common. I figured out, that they have
exactly the same data's as the EL2. Now my questions. 1. Are they
interchangeable ? 2. Got anyone experience with these tubes ? 3. Got anyone
a schematic, i requested ?
I'm only dealing with guitar amplification. I made a few class a project's
and all work fine.
Thank's in advance. Any help will be appreciated.
Gerhard
Q1 Are they interchangeable ?
A1 Yes and no!

They are in the sense of electrical specifications.
The MK-handbook does list EL2 and EL32 as
electrical equivalent tubes.

They are not, in the sense of pin compatability,
but you must have seen this with the tubes at hand.

Tube parameters, both EL2 and EL32.
S = 2.8 mA/V (Transconductance)
Ri = 70 Kohm (Plate resistance)
Wa = 8 Wmax. (Plate dissipation)
Vf = 6.3 V
If = 0.2 A

EL2 uses the "P" base (with the "side-pins").
EL32 uses an octal base.
Pin no.'s EL2 EL32
Anode 8 3
G3 tied to cathode (both)
G2 7 4
G1 bulb top cap (both)
Cathode 4 8
Filament 2-3 2-7

Q2 Got anyone experience with these tubes ?
A2 Not me!

Q3 Got anyone a schematic, i requested ?
A3 Not a schematic, but operating parameters.

EL2/EL32 in PP, auto bias.
Va = Vg2 = 250V
Ia = 2 x 27.5mA
Ig2 = 2 x 4.5mA